Friday, August 7, 2015

Happy Friday

I think I'm physically drained... I've been working on my classroom all week. A lot of unpacking, organizing, on the constant hunt for colleagues who would need items I no longer need.. And of course, when I get home, I'm on the computer- reading blogs, or on my phone on IG or Periscope (yay for happy PD that doesn't "count") and finally crawl into bed by midnight and start the process all over again at 7:30.  I think my BFF were all the Vanilla Lattes I've had ... mmmm..

I am happy to settle on a color scheme in my classroom. Two years ago, when I was hired as the TK (transitional kindergarten) teacher, I knew I wanted a calm classroom with primary colors for grouping students. Fast forward and 3 grade levels up, I am ready for a modern classroom that makes me happy. 

View of the front of my classroom.  I decided to group my students the E 3 way.  I originally wanted 4 groups, but I wanted to leave some room for the carpet area in the back.

View of the back of the classroom.  I love my hot pink bulletin boards!  Kidney table is for small group, the long table next to it will house my 4 new Google Chromebases (coming in late September).  Please ignore the lopsided bookcase on the left.  It actually fell apart when the custodians came by to remove it.   *insert sad face*  Remember the two bookcases from these photos.  I will refer to it in a bit...

Here, is my beloved desk area.  I know how many teachers decided to get rid of their teacher desks and such, but I can't ... it was built into the building!  It's quite functional for lesson planning and chit chatting with your neighbor before and after school. Anyways, this area makes me so happy!
Remember the 2 bookcases I told you to keep note of?  I did a little bit of research and found out Target was selling book cases in their RE line for $17.99.  I rushed out and carried those 25lb x 2 suckers and dragged them into my car (almost didn't fit in my trunk!!) and back to school.  I know ... the reviews say they're not great ... but they will be functional.  I don't forsee any of my students putting their body weight on the bookcases.

It's 9pm on a Friday.  I would be out, but I'm exhausted.  Maybe I should read more blogs, catch teachers on periscope/ IG, or read...

How was your week??

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment