Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Welcome to Hello 2nd Grade Superstars!

Hello.
Here is my formal introduction...

My name is Edna and I teach in Northern California.

I volunteered in my old child care facility when I was in High School and loved it!
Then, at the young age of 17, I was hired to become an Enrichment Teacher (afternoon) in a private school in San Francisco.  I looped up with my students from 2nd to 4th grade and stayed in 4th grade until I was completed my double BA.  

After passing the CBEST and CSET (argh, I hate you CSET!), I got accepted into the credential/Masters of Ed program at UCDavis.  There, I did my student teaching in 5th and 1st grade and I got hired as a Transitional Kindergarten teacher in the district I did my student teaching.  

I taught TK from 2013-15, for two years.  I loved every moment of it.  It's amazing to reflect on the growth and progress my little 5 year olds have made in the 9 months I had them.

Next year, I'm heading to 2nd.  I'm excited for the change and I'm ready to challenge my new students.  

What grade do you teach? And are you on #periscope? #instagram?

periscope: @imednagee (same as my twitter account)
instagram: HELLO2ndgradesuperstars

No comments:

Post a Comment