Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Summer Reading

I have 13 (week)days until school begins.

I want to go into my classroom and drop off all the stuff I've hoarded from Target, Walmart, Barnes and Noble and Michaels.  I still have Lakeshore, Ikea, reallygoodstuff.com and amazon.com to visit.  My wallet is not happy.

I decided to pick up Ron Clark's 55 Essential Rules.  It was a quick read!  I finished it in less than a day.  I'd be walking around my townhouse with the book stuck in my face.  Very easy and fun read.


Now, I'm reading Teach like a Pirate.  I remember seeing this book at the book area at the SDE conference at Vegas.  It looked cool, so I picked it up, flipped through some pages and put it back down.  After I got home and started listening on #teacherperiscope I realized this was a book I needed to read to increase my students' engagement!  It's been a day and I'm half way though with Part I.  (Mainly because I've been driving around town, running errands and getting the essentials ... like food).  I also feel like this book requires more reflection, therefore I find myself sitting by my Mac with a notebook and my colored Flair pens.  I hope I finish the book before Friday...



Do you have access to your classroom?  How do you feel about the upcoming school year?

No comments:

Post a Comment